If you own or operate a building, industrial facility, and transportation, chances are you are covered by the Department of Energy’s guidelines on full reportorial compliance on energy audit.
Republic Act No. 11285 or the “Energy Efficiency and Conservation Act” provides how Designated Establishments (DEs) – defined as those with an annual energy consumption of at least 100,000 kWh of combined electricity and fuel – must submit and comply with reporting.
Does this affect you?
Those with an annual energy consumption of at least 100,000 kWh of combined electricity and fuel are covered by the law and need to file reports.
- Other DEs: 100,000 kWh to below 500,000 kWh annual energy consumption
- Type 1: 500,000 to below 4 million kWh annual energy consumption
- Type 2: 4 million kWh and above of annual energy consumption.
If you fall under any of these, these are the reports you have to submit:
- Annual Energy Utilization Report
- Annual Energy Efficiency and Conservation Report
- Energy Audit Report (once every 3 years)
These are annual reports that must be sent via the DE portal at https://bit.ly/Submit_EnergyAudit
It should be noted that only Type 1 and Type 2 are mandated to submit an Energy Audit Report. Other DEs can do so on a voluntary basis.
Liabilities for not submitting reports.
- Administrative – PHP 10,000.00 to PHP 1,000,000.00
- Criminal – One (1) to Five (5) years imprisonment, or fine from PHP100,000.00 to PHP100,000,000.00 or twice the cost of avoided noncompliance.
Who should conduct the reports?
Energy Audit Report: You need to engage a Certified Energy Auditor (CEA) or an Energy Service Company (ESCO) to conduct the audit and produce the report.
Annual Energy Consumption Report: CEM or CECO.
What to do if you have not yet started your Energy Audit Report.
If you cannot submit an Energy Audit Report by 31st December, you can send a request for extension. This letter to DOE must indicate the CEA or ESCO you have contracted. This means that even though you have no audit yet, you should already have started engaging with a CEA or ESCO to do your audit early next year.
Santos Knight Frank can help.
Santos Knight Frank is an Energy Service Company (ESCO) authorized by the DOE to conduct energy audits. We have CEA, CEM, and CECO to assist with full compliance to RA 11285.
Our team of energy professionals are trained and certified by TUV NORD and Efficiency Valuation Organization (EVO), ASEAN Center for Energy, and MERALCO Power Academy.