OSCA, Facilities Management
After more than a year of remote work, companies are starting to open up again, and for some this means looking to move into a new office. While it can be easily overlooked, moving into a new office space can actually have an impact on many organizations significantly. This is one of those changes that can also affect the rest of the workforce, which is why change management is important.
What is change management?
Change management is a systematic approach that involves dealing with the transition of organizational goals, values, technologies, and processes. The change management initiative implemented by the management teams has the purpose of implementing strategies to create this change and aid people to accept and adapt to this change. This is important in ensuring that while there is change happening within the organization, the business will still meet its desired outcomes.
Why is change management important?
Despite being fairly straightforward, change management is crucial for many reasons, one of them being the fact that people are resistant to change. A study shows that only 38% of people in work settings are comfortable leaving their comfort zones, with the remaining 62% feeling certain discomfort and even fear towards change.
There are many ways that change can take place in an organization. For instance, due to the pandemic crisis, companies are now leaning toward WFH and hybrid setups, which for many require adjustments in their day-to-day work experiences. Developmental change is the change that involves improving and optimizing current processes and procedures. Transformational change, on the other hand, pertains to the changes to the company’s core values, culture, and way of operations. Lastly, transitional change is when an organization moves away from its current state through events like mergers, acquisitions, or rightsizing.
Why do companies move offices after the pandemic?
There are many reasons companies move offices after the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic. As mentioned earlier, rightsizing is one of them. When organizations rightsize, they either do it by reducing their workforce, reorganizing management, or cutting costs. Moreover, before renewing your office space, make sure to take into consideration your operations, area, and future plans in the process.
Change can be stressful, but so is managing change
Putting people into new environments can be stressful to the rest of the workforce and can cause disruptions in the daily operations of any business. It is up to the management to ensure that these fears and uncertainties are managed with the right measures in place to keep the business going.
Manage your change with the right partner
Santos Knight Frank guides clients transition to their new offices through its Occupier Services and Facilities Management services. Santos Knight Frank is a renowned real estate services agency that has a great track record of serving clients with services such as occupier services & commercial agency, investment & capital markets, residential & sales leasing, property marketing, research & consultancy, valuation & appraisal, project management, asset management, property management, facilities management, technical services & engineering solutions. Just visit our website and speak to our real estate practitioners at https://santosknightfrank.com/.
If you want to know more about Santos Knight Frank’s blogs about their facilities management, you can also read about Outsourcing Facilities Management.